It was a festive evening as the annual RAWR Awards 2018, held by LionHearTV last November 14 at Le Rêve Pool and Events Place in Quezon City, gave honor and due recognition to the best and the brightest in the Philippine entertainment industry.
Returning to host the fourth edition of the blogger and netizen-empowered awards night is KaladKaren Davila, who led the evening in honoring more than 30 personalities receiving different awards, including special citations.
The TNT Boys and Queen of All Media Kris Aquino were recognized as the Royal Cub and the Royal Lion awardees, respectively. The Royal Cub Award recognizes young individuals/groups that have displayed excellence in their craft, and have earned respect for the passion and talent that they share with the world. The Royal Lion Award, meanwhile, is a distinction given to someone who has shown courage beyond all odds, and, though as rare as a precious gem, that individual sparkles in all aspects nevertheless.
Joshua Garcia and Kathryn Bernardo were named as Actor and Actress of the Year for their work in ‘The Good Son’ and ‘The Hows of Us,’ respectively. JM De Guzman was given The Great Comeback; Tony Labrusca as Breakthrough Artist of the Year; Donny Pangilinan as Favorite Newbie; Vice Ganda as Favorite TV Host; DJ Jhai Ho of MOR 101.9 as Favorite Radio DJ; Hashtags as Favorite Group; and loveteam Maymay Entrata and Edward Barber, more affectionately known to their legions of fans as ‘MayWard,’ as the Love Team of the Year.
The Kapuso Network managed to clinch five awards: Kyline Alcantara was named Favorite Kontrabida for her effective portrayal of a villainess in Kambal, Karibal; teleserye ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ won Bet na Bet na Teleserye; Maine Mendoza as Pak na Pak na Comedian; Jessica Soho as Female News Personality of the Year; and Kimpoy Feliciano as Digital Influencer of the Year.
Here are the rest of the winners:
- Bibo Award – Ella Ilano (Sana Dalawa Ang Puso)
- Favorite Bida – Kathryn Bernardo (La Luna Sangre)
- Supporting Actor of the Year – Darren Espanto (The Hows of Us)
- Movie ng Taon – ‘The Hows of Us’
- The Advocate – Angel Locsin (Red Cross)
- Fan Club of the Year – MayWard
- TV Station of the Year – ABS-CBN
- Radio Station of the Year – Barangay LS 97.1
- Brandspeak – Smart Communications Inc. and OPPO
- Hugot Song of the Year – Mundo – IV of Spades
- Favorite Performer – Morissette Amon (Morissette is Made)
- Male News Personality of the Year – Jeff Canoy
- PR of the Year – Ripple 8, Strategic Works, ABS-CBN Corporate Communications and Spark It! PH
- Trending Show of the Year – It’s Showtime
The event is supported by PLDT Smart, along with Le Rêve Pool and Events Venue and CVJ Food Corporation. Special thanks to the following: Lalamove Philippines, Home Credit Philippines, Brother Philippines, CAT PR, Voyager Innovations, The Huddle Room, Greenbulb Communications, CID Communication, Jollibee, Mode Devi, Starbucks Philippines, Akrotiri, Copperazo, Fuentes Manila, Coffee Lab and DOJO PR.